Salesforce Marketing Cloud is an enterprise marketing automation platform that offers robust ways to personalize, automate, test and optimize your email campaigns.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) is being implemented as the university's enterprise marketing automation solution. With the capabilities offered by SFMC, we will be enabled to improve our marketing efforts through A/B testing, personalization, automated journeys and omnichannel strategies.
- Trigger automated messages across online channels based on audience behavior such as page views, donation activity, event attendance or responses
- Find the right messaging to encourage opens and clicks with A/B testing
- Built-in email templates meet Ohio State brand guidelines and accessibility standards
- Personalize emails with user-relevant content
- Analytics and reporting to measure email success
- Training and resources including access to Salesforce Trailhead training modules
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Training
Get the most out of SFMC by learning best practices for using the tool and staying current on training modules.
Ready to get into SFMC? You must first pass the initial training curriculum. The first module is an introduction to building, testing and sending emails in SFMC, and is available through BuckeyeLearn. Once completed, you will need to email your training certificate to Marketing Enablement. This allows you to gain limited user access to SFMC so you can follow along in the second portion of the training. The second module is a live virtual training session in which you will be able to ask specific questions, learn more about your individual set up (including things like your sender profile[s], folder structure and send list organization), and go through the steps of testing and sending an actual email in SFMC. Once you have completed the second training module, send access will be added to your user account.
- All Videos
- Building, Testing and Sending Email in Salesforce Marketing Cloud (50 minutes)
- How to: Use Targeted and Excluded Lists in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- How to: Filter imported data in the University Community Business Unit
- How to: Insert Personalized Fields in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- How to: Use the Contact Match Tool for the University Community Business Unit
- How to: Work with recruitment data in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- How to: Use Datorama Reports for Email Analytics
Share your feedback
When you have finished your training, tell us what you found valuable, or where you have more questions.