Store and share marketing assets like photography, video and files in a searchable platform.
The Digital Asset Management (DAM) platform is a library solution for your digital assets in an easy-to-access, quick-to-search, centralized location.
- Any faculty and staff member can login and access the DAM for brand assets. Everyone has access to be able to find Ohio State brand materials and our Signature Gallery of photographs. These assets are meant for our community and can be shared with outside suppliers.
- Share your assets with Ohio State's marketing and communication community. The DAM becomes a great resource when marketing partners contribute share their assets. Marketing partners can be given access to the Shared Assets pool when they commit to share assets and take special contributor training to learn how to apply tags and metadata for the marketing community.
- Stock photography. Stock photography, purchased under license, can also be shared in our DAM so Ohio State can maximize value on purchased stock photography. These assets may also be Shared Assets when license restrictions and usage allow.
- Upgrade to a Walled Garden. Units managing more photography and video can benefit from a private "walled garden" area of the DAM. Upload, tag and collaborate on proprietary photographs, graphics, video files. Your assets are only visible to your immediate team for collaboration and serving your unit. Walled Gardens prices begin at one terabyte, but can flex to meet your needs. Contact Marketing Enablement to learn about pricing.
How can we help?
Change is constant! The DAM will be constantly improving and changing over the next few months as we tailor search and provide more definition. Share your experiences in search with us so we can fine-tune improvements.
This collection of short, easy to understand videos has been created by Marketing Enablement to help you learn best practices in working with the Digital Asset Management (DAM) system and to make it a pleasant user experience.
- All Videos
- DAM Interface (12 minutes and 27 seconds)
- DAM Search (7 minutes 34 seconds)
- DAM Downloading (2 minutes and 25 seconds)
- DAM Sharing (4 minutes and 44 seconds)
One of the most helpful tools your unit can use when adding assets to the DAM is Photo Mechanic, by Camera Bits. This software is helpful to catalog photos as you are in the process of capturing them. The tagging features are helpful if you find yourself organizing lots of images. Not only does it help you organize your photos, but the tags transition smoothly to the DAM in digital tags.
We recommend photographers in the university, or anyone who tracks assets destined for the DAM, sample and invest in this time-saving software.
Find quick answers and reference in these training guides. Let us know how we can improve training with relavant examples for your work.
- DAM Getting Started Guide (updated 12/5/2020 - PDF)
- Asset Caption Guide (updated 8/31/2021 - PDF)
- DAM Keywords (updated 6/08/2021 - PDF)
- Merlin User Guide - login to the DAM to locate the up-to-date Merlin user guide (PDF) for a complete description of capabilities and steps. Note: not all capabilities in the Merlin guide are supported by Ohio State.
Share your feedback
When you have finished your training, tell us what you found valuable, or where you have more questions.